I thought that a bit of baking might cheer me up. So this week I’ve got two baking posts coming your way! Today is a cookies recipe which can be classed as healthy as I’ll be using Breakfast By Bella granola in the flavour Nutty Nosh*. Ever since working with Breakfast By Bella, I have been addicted to eating nuts and having a nutritious start to my day. I honestly recommend this granola so much! My favourite is the Cacao one as you get bits of chocolate in it. However, if you love nuts then the one used in this recipe will become a fave! So let’s get stuck in…
1/2 cup Butter
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cup Granola
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (I probably added more than this)
And any extra toppings of your choice, cranberries, nuts, honey, coconut.
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper, or lightly grease with cooking spray or a bit of butter.
- In a bowl cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes if you have an electric whisk, or by hand, it depends on your strength and willpower. Maybe grab a friend for this. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until the batter lightens in colour a bit, again similar timing as before.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. – sorry about this if you don’t have an electric whisk, I feel your pain.
- By hand with a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the granola, and chosen toppings, for me this was chocolate chips as there are nuts already in my granola.
- Scoop balls of dough, about two tablespoons in size onto the baking tray, space them about an inch or two apart to allow for them to expand. Press down lightly on the top of the cookies with the palm of your hand to flatten just a bit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool fully.
So I hope you enjoy that cookies recipe and please let me know if you do make it yourself. You can check out my other recipes using Breakfast By Bella products here, here and here. And I thought I’d let you know also that now University has started again, posts will be twice a week max, and the best way to stay up to date with me is through my Twitter or Instagram. And keep your eyes peeled for another baking post later this week, but this one will be more of indulgence naughty treat(hint hint might be a cake)!